- 320g spaghetti
- 200g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced lengthways
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, trimmed, peeled into ribbons
- 185ml (3/4 cup) Carnation Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk
- 25g (1/3 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon water
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Step 1Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Add the snow peas, peas and asparagus in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and return to the pan.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the zucchini and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Step 3Stir in the evaporated milk, parmesan and lemon rind. Combine the cornflour and water in a small bowl. Add to the frying pan. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Step 4Toss the sauce through the pasta mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Divide among serving bowls. Top with basil leaves.
- Heart friendly
- High carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste