- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 300g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup plain flour
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup vintage cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped continental parsley
- 300g zucchini, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Line base of a 20cm springform tin with non-stick baking paper and place on an oven tray.
- Step 2Heat half the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes until soft. Remove from pan to a large bowl.
- Step 3Add remaining oil, mushrooms and garlic to pan and cook over medium high heat for 5 minutes until liquid from mushrooms has cooked off. Transfer to bowl with onion.
- Step 4Whisk eggs in a separate bowl. Add flour, season with salt and pepper and whisk until smooth. Stir in cheese (reserve 2 tablespoons for top of dish), parsley, zucchini and cooked vegetables.
- Step 5Spoon into prepared tin. Combine breadcrumbs and reserved cheese and sprinkle over surface. Bake for 1 hour until golden and set. Cool. Serve warm or cold.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Christine Sheppard
- Image credit: Sue Ferris
- Publication: Fresh Living