- Olive oil, to grease
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 100g pancetta slices, chopped
- 55g (1/3 cup) pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 3 medium (about 350g) green zucchini, ends trimmed, coarsely grated
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- 60ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 30g (1/3 cup) shredded parmesan
- 100g feta, crumbled
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- You will need a square 22cm (base measurement) cake pan for this recipe.
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush a square 22cm (base measurement) cake pan with oil to grease. Line the base with non-stick baking paper. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion, pancetta and pine nuts, and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion is soft and pine nuts are toasted. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Step 2Sift the flour into a large bowl. Add the onion mixture and zucchini, and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre. Use a fork to whisk together the egg, milk, parmesan, feta and remaining oil in a jug. Season with pepper. Add to the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Step 3Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes or until top is golden and a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 5 minutes to cool slightly before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into squares and serve with salad.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kerrie Sun
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Australian Good Taste