- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 zucchini, cut into thin matchsticks or coarsely grated
- 1 eschalot, finely chopped
- 6 asparagus spears, woody ends trimmed, sliced into 5cm lengths
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 artichokes (80g) in brine, thinly sliced
- 80g buffalo mozzarella (see note) or 3 bocconcini, torn
- Torn sage, to garnish
- Torn basil leaves, to garnish
- Step 1Preheat grill to high. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a 26cm ovenproof frypan over medium heat. Add zucchini, eschalot and asparagus and cook for 1 minute until eschalot softens. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Transfer to a bowl.
- Step 2Return pan to the heat with remaining oil. Once hot, add the eggs and cook for 1 minute or until starting to set. Scatter over zucchini mixture and artichokes and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella and place under grill for 2 minutes or until golden and mozzarella has melted. Scatter over basil and sage leaves. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and serve immediately.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
Buffalo mozzarella are available from delis and gourmet food shops.
- Author: Olivia Andrews
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley & Amanda McLauchlan
- Publication: Taste.com.au