- 500g dried shell pasta
- 4 (600g) zucchini
- 400g fresh low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Step 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water.
- Step 2Meanwhile, using a vegetable peeler, peel long, thin strips from zucchini. Lightly grease a barbecue plate or chargrill. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook zucchini, in batches, for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until lightly browned.
- Step 3Combine pasta, zucchini, ricotta, mint, chives, 2 teaspoons lemon rind, 1/4 cup lemon juice and oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve.
This salad is a great match for chargrilled chicken or seafood. You could also use elbow pasta or angel hair pasta. Did you know cold pasta has more resistant starch (a type of fibre that promotes digestive health) than warm pasta?
- Author: Kirrily La Rosa
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas