- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 butter lettuce, leaves separated
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup smooth ricotta
- 1 egg
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 1/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 30g butter
- Step 1Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Cook snow peas for 1 minute. Add peas. Cook for a further 1 minute. Drain. Refresh in a bowl of iced water. Drain. Pat dry with paper towel. Place oil, lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Step 2Make Pancakes: Place ricotta and egg in a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth. Whisk in milk. Add flour. Whisk to combine. Using hands, squeeze excess liquid from zucchini. Add zucchini, mint and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Melt a little butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Pour 1?4 cup pancake batter into pan. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Wipe pan with paper towel. Repeat with remaining butter and batter to make 12 pancakes.
- Step 3Place peas, lettuce and onion in a large bowl. Drizzle over lemon dressing. Gently toss. Serve pancakes with pea salad.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Lucy Nunes
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons, Andrew Young & Craig Wall
- Publication: Super Food Ideas