- 6 large zucchini, ends trimmed, coarsely grated
- 250g haloumi, coarsely grated
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Rocket leaves, to serve
Dill yoghurt dressing
- 200g Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill
- 2 green onions, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Step 1To make the dill yoghurt dressing, combine the yoghurt, dill, green onions and garlic in a small bowl. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Place zucchini in a sieve. Use your hands to squeeze any excess moisture from zucchini and place in a large bowl. Add haloumi and egg and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Place 4 egg rings in the pan. Place 1/4 cup of zucchini mixture into each egg ring and use the back of a spatula to firmly press and flatten. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown and heated through. Transfer to a plate. Repeat for 2 more batches using remaining zucchini mixture to make a total of 12 fritters.
- Step 4Place the fritters among serving plates. Serve with dill yoghurt dressing, lemon wedges and rocket leaves, if desired.
To vary the colour, use a combination of yellow and green zucchini, or either on its own. For a Greek twist, add capers and chopped green olives to the yoghurt.
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Notebook: