- 2 sheets frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
- 1 small zucchini, cut into ribbons
- 60g Greek feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup pure cream
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon Masterfoods Chilli Flakes
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Place a baking tray in oven. Use pastry to line base and side of a 2.5cm-deep, 11.5cm x 34cm (base), loose-based fluted tart pan, trimming to fit. Prick base with a fork. Freeze for 15 minutes or until firm. Place tin on hot baking tray in oven. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Step 2Arrange zucchini and feta in pastry case.
- Step 3Place eggs, cream and cheese in a large jug. Whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in chives, garlic and chilli. Pour over zucchini mixture. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden and just set. Serve.
- Low carb
Freezing pastry in the tin removes the need for ‘blind baking’ with baking paper and weights or uncooked rice.
If using non-stick pan or tin, there is no need to grease before adding pastry.
Stand quiche for 5 minutes before serving.
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas