- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 medium desiree potato, peeled, grated
- 4 shortcut bacon rashers, trimmed, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- Chopped chives, to serve
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- Step 1Squeeze excess moisture from zucchini. Drain on paper towel. Combine zucchini, potato, bacon, flour, egg and chives in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Spoon 1?4 cup zucchini mixture into pan, pressing to flatten. Repeat to make 3 more fritters. Cook for 5 minutes or until golden underneath. Turn, pressing again to flatten. Cook for 5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat process with remaining mixture.
- Step 3Meanwhile, make Garlic yoghurt: Combine garlic and yoghurt in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle fritters with extra chives. Serve with garlic yoghurt.
All nutrition values are per serve
Serves 4 as a side.
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas