- 1.5kg Butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 400g dried vermicelli pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 zucchini, coarsely grated
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 60ml (1/4 cup) lemon juice
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin on tray. Spray with olive oil. Season. Bake for 40 minutes or until tender.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain.
- Step 3Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the zucchini and chickpeas, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until the zucchini softens slightly. Stir in the parsley and lemon rind. Season.
- Step 4Add the pumpkin, zucchini mixture, lemon juice and remaining oil to the pasta. Toss to combine.
- High carb
- High fibre
For a Moroccan flavour, swap the parsley for coriander and lemon rind and juice for orange.
- Author: Michelle Southan
- Image credit: Al Richardson
- Publication: Australian Good Taste