- 170g (1 cup) polenta
- 70g (1 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 8 pork schnitzels
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- Rice bran oil, to shallow-fry
- 500g pkt Broad Beans
- 40g butter, melted
- 500g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup small fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Step 1Preheat oven to 120°C. Combine polenta, parmesan and lemon rind on a plate. Season. Dip pork in egg and press in polenta mixture to coat. Transfer to a lined baking tray.
- Step 2Heat 1cm of oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the pork, in 2 batches, for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a tray lined with paper towel. Keep warm in oven.
- Step 3Meanwhile, thaw and peel broad beans.
- Step 4Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the cauliflower, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Stir in the broad beans, basil and lemon zest for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in the lemon juice. Serve with the pork.
- High fibre
- Low carb
- Lower gi
For an even speedier meal, replace the broad beans with frozen peas. You can also try making these schnitzels with veal or chicken.
- Author: Sonja Bernyk
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Australian Good Taste