Author Notes: This recipe comes from a few additions and alterations to a simple one-bowl cake found in a vintage cookbook. It uses lavender sugar – 1 tablespoon ground lavender buds + 1 cup of white sugar. —LYKLauren
cup lavender sugar
tablespoons lemon zest
cup vanilla yogurt
teaspoon baking soda
cup blueberries, rinsed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, lavender sugar, and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine vinegar and baking soda then add the yogurt, lemon zest and butter.
- Slowly incorporate the dry into the wet ingredients. Rinse your blueberries and gently fold them into the batter.
- Pour into a square cake pan and bake 35-38 minutes.
- Let cool and top with powdered sugar.