- 1 cup (200g) yellow split peas
- 1 cup fresh podded peas (about 500g unpodded) or frozen peas
- 275g baby green beans (beanettes), topped, not tailed (see note)
- 2 cups chopped snow pea sprouts
- 1 cup (60g) mizuna* or wild rocket leaves
- 1/2 cup (120g) low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Step 1Cook the split peas in a pan of boiling salted water for 16-18 minutes until tender but firm to the bite. Drain well. Blanch the peas and beans in a pan of boiling salted water for 3-5 minutes until tender. Drain and refresh in cold water.
- Step 2Meanwhile, for the dressing, whisk the sour cream, chives, vinegar and mustard in a small bowl. Season to taste.
- Step 3In a bowl, toss the snow pea sprouts, mizuna, drained peas and beans. Divide among plates, then drizzle with dressing.
- High fibre
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
* Beanettes and mizuna leaves are available from selected supermarkets and greengrocers.
- Author: Kate Nichols
- Image credit: Mark Roper
- Publication: delicious.