1790 kj Energy
14g Fat Total
2g Saturated Fat
45g Carbs (total)
Xinjiang lamb with cumin & chilliesPrint Recipe
- 450g lamb leg steaks, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, cut into wedges
- 1 green capsicum, seeded, coarsely chopped
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Dried chilli flakes, extra, to serve
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Shallot, finely chopped, to serve
- Step 1Combine the lamb, garlic, cumin seeds, ground cumin, chilli flakes and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce in a bowl.
- Step 2Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a wok over high heat until just smoking. Stir-fry the onion and capsicum for 2 minutes or until lightly charred and tender. Transfer to a bowl.
- Step 3Heat 2 teaspoons of the remaining oil in the wok over high heat. Stir-fry half the lamb mixture for 2 minutes or until browned and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining oil and lamb mixture. Add the lamb mixture, onion mixture and remaining soy sauce to the wok. Stir-fry for 30 seconds or until heated through. Divide among serving plates. Top with coriander and extra chilli flakes. Top the rice with shallot.
- Author: Sonja Bernyk
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Australian Good Taste