- 1 cup (150g) plain flour, sifted
- A pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups (310ml) milk
- 15g butter, melted
- 400g fresh ricotta
- 300g white chocolate bits
- 300g fresh raspberries, or frozen raspberries
- Icing sugar, to serve
- Step 1Place sifted plain flour and salt in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre. In a separate bowl, use a balloon whisk to mix together eggs, milk and butter, melted.
- Step 2Pour the milk mixture into flour and whisk, gradually incorporating the flour until smooth and well combined. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Step 3Heat an 18-20cm crepe pan or small frying pan over a medium heat. Lightly grease with butter. Pour 1/4 cup (60ml) crepe batter into the pan and swirl to coat the base. Cook for 2 minutes or until golden and lacy. Turn over and cook for a further 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Step 4Preheat oven to 180°C. Press the crepes onto 8 x 1 cup (250ml) large muffin pans, allowing the tops of the crepes to stick out and make a frill.
- Step 5Combine fresh ricotta and white chocolate bits. Spoon into the base of the crepe-lined pans. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the edges of the crepes are golden and crisp. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Step 6Top the crepe baskets with fresh or frozen raspberries. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
- High protein
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Michelle Southan
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Fresh Living