- 20g unsalted butter, melted
- 150g ginger biscuits (we used ginger shortbread), crushed in a processor
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- Zest and juice of 3 limes
- 100ml white rum
- 1 cup mint leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 120g white chocolate, chopped
- 400g soft cream cheese
- 1 cup (250g) mascarpone cheese
- 300ml thickened cream, whipped
- Slivered unsalted pistachios, to garnish
- Borage flowers (optional), to decorate
- Extra 1 thinly sliced lime, to garnish
- Step 1Stir melted butter into the biscuit crumbs until well combined. Press mixture into the base of 6 serving glasses (use a cocktail muddling stick or the end of a rolling pin to pack down well). Chill in the fridge.
- Step 2Bring sugar and 1/4 cup (60ml) water to the boil in a pan, stirring to dissolve sugar, then simmer over medium-low heat for 5 minutes until syrupy. Add lime zest, juice, rum and mint. Remove from heat. Set aside for 20 minutes to infuse.
- Step 3Meanwhile, place chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water). Stir gently until melted, then leave to cool.
- Step 4Clean processor, then add cheeses and whiz to combine. Strain syrup through a sieve, pressing down to extract as much flavour as possible. Add syrup to processor and whiz to combine. Add chocolate and pulse 2-3 times until combined. Spoon into glasses. Chill for 1 hour to set.
- Step 5When ready to serve, top each glass with some whipped cream. Garnish with lime slices, slivered pistachios and extra mint, then decorate with flowers if desired.
- High protein
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Taste.com.au