- 1/4 seedless watermelon
- 1/2 rockmelon
- 2 avocados
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 oranges
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 long green chilli, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- Pinch of caster sugar
- 150g soft goat's cheese, crumbled
- Handful of mint leaves
- Step 1Using a small melon baller, cut as many balls from the melons as you can and place in a bowl, discarding any seeds.
- Step 2Repeat with the avocados and place in a separate bowl with the lemon juice, tossing to coat.
- Step 3Peel skin and white pith from 1 orange. Holding the fruit over a bowl to catch any juices, slice into segments, then add segments to melon along with cucumber.
- Step 4Add the chilli and sugar to the bowl with the orange juice, then squeeze in the juice of the remaining orange. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then whisk to combine.
- Step 5Add the avocado to the melon mixture, then pour over half the dressing and gently toss to combine. Place on a platter and scatter with goat’s cheese and mint. Serve with the remaining dressing.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Katie Quinn Davies
- Image credit: Katie Quinn Davies
- Publication: Taste.com.au