- 4 small chat potatoes, halved
- 8 (375g packet) extra lean Italian-style sausages
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 2 baby cos lettuce hearts, leaves separated, torn
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Step 1Place potato in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Boil for 10 to 12 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water.
- Step 2Meanwhile, preheat a greased barbecue plate or chargrill on medium-high heat. Cook sausages, turning, for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Step 3Using a vegetable peeler, cut cucumber into ribbons. Place lettuce, cucumber, onion, tomato and potato in a large bowl. Place pepper, garlic, oil and vinegar in a screw-top jar. Secure lid. Shake to combine.
- Step 4Thickly slice sausages diagonally. Add to lettuce mixture. Drizzle with dressing.
- Step 5Toss to combine. Serve salad with crusty bread.
- Low kilojoule
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Michelle Lucia
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas