- 2 x 250g lamb backstraps
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 450g canned baby beetroot, rinsed, drained, quartered
- 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 cups (120g) baby spinach leaves
- Step 1Spray the lamb backstraps with olive oil spray, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then rub with the dried oregano.
- Step 2Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frypan over high heat. Cook the lamb backstraps for 4 minutes each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Remove the lamb from the pan, cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Step 3Meanwhile, return the pan to low heat and add the remaining olive oil. Add the sliced red onion, quartered beetroot and drained lentils to the pan. Toss gently for 2-3 minutes until heated through. Add the vinegar, then season to taste with a little sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Step 4Thinly slice the lamb backstraps, then place in a large bowl with the baby spinach leaves. Add the warm beetroot and lentil mixture and gently toss to combine.
- Step 5Divide the salad among 4 serving plates and serve immediately.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Louise Pickford
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Taste.com.au