- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 750g firm white fish fillets
- 350g fresh chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup beansprouts, trimmed
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cups shredded Chinese cabbage (wombok)
Chilli lime dressing
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 red birdseye chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- Step 1Make Chilli lime dressing: Place lime juice, oil, soy sauce, sugar and chilli in a screw-top jar. Secure lid. Shake to combine.
- Step 2Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook fish for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Using a fork, flake fish. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 3Meanwhile, place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Using a fork, separate noodles. Drain. Return to bowl.
- Step 4Add fish, coriander, mint, beansprouts, onion and cabbage to noodles. Drizzle with dressing. Gently toss to combine. Serve.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Emma Braz
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas