Author Notes: This is a salad I made for my son who was cooking Umami burgers for us. We also had a fresh spinach salad with mrslarkin’s green goddess dressing with ramps). This made for a wonderful meal. I have to confess this was the first time I have ever used ramps! As an avid fiddlehead forager, somehow I missed the calling to go on ramp tramps…but that will now change. —Sagegreen
Warm endive, ramp, and oyster mushroom saladPrint Recipe
- 4 ounces ramps
- 4 ounces oyster mushrooms
- 4 ounces endive leaves
- 2 ounces thinly sliced vidalia onion
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- splash of olive oil
- squeeze of Meyer lemon
- pinch of Maldon salt flakes
- light drizzle of white truffle oil
- Cut the bulb of washed ramps into half inch pieces. Cut the greens into inch long segments. Separate the endive leaves. Separate the mushrooms and clean gently with a paper towel. Set out thinly sliced vidalia (or other sweet onion); lightly salt the onion. Heat the olive oil. Begin to saute slowly the onion. Add the ginger. Next stir in the sliced ramp bulbs.
- After 3-4 minutes of gentle sauteing, add the oyster mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes or so. Lastly add the ramp greens and endive leaves to wilt. Take off heat. Squeeze the lemon juice over everything. Sprinkle the salt flakes on top. Drizzle just a tad of the truffle oil and serve.