- 1 small red onion, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 450g beef sirloin or porterhouse steaks, trimmed
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 small Chinese cabbage (wombok), shredded (see note)
- 150g snow peas, shredded
- 200g teardrop tomatoes, halved
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, deseeded, sliced
- 2 cups beansprouts, trimmed
- 1 cup mint leaves, torn if large
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- Step 1Thinly slice one onion half and set aside. Finely chop remaining onion half. Place chopped onion, garlic and chilli in a ceramic dish. Lightly spray both sides beef with oil and turn to coat in onion mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, if time permits.
- Step 2Preheat barbecue plate on high heat. Spray beef with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Step 3Make Asian dressing: Place fish sauce, sweet chilli sauce and 2 tablespoons lime juice in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Step 4Thinly slice beef across the grain. Place cabbage, snow peas, tomatoes, cucumber, beansprouts, mint, sliced onion and beef in a large bowl. Pour over dressing and toss to combine. Serve.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
You will need 2 cups of cabbage.
- Author: Kim Meredith
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas