- 1 large barbecue chicken
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 250g baby roma tomatoes, halved
- 2 x 400g cans lentils, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic dressing
- 100g baby spinach
- Step 1Remove and discard skin and bones from chicken. Thickly shred chicken, then chop.
- Step 2Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic. Cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add chicken and tomatoes. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until warmed through.
- Step 3Add lentils and dressing. Toss gently for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through and well combined. Serve chicken mixture on spinach. Season with pepper. Serve.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
This salad also works well with a creamy mayonnaise-style dressing if you prefer.
- Author: Alison Adams
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas