- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 175g packet rindless shortcut bacon rashers, cut into 3cm pieces
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1 small baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 8 slices ciabatta bread, toasted
- 1/3 cup creamy roast garlic dressing
- Step 1Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion for 3 minutes or until softened. Add bacon. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Step 2Add cherry tomatoes. Cook, turning, for 3 to 5 minutes or until just starting to collapse. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Arrange bread on plates. Top with tomato and lettuce. Drizzle with dressing. Serve.
Turn this into bruschetta by chopping up the lettuce, rubbing garlic onto the bread, then grilling lightly.
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas