Author Notes: Zucchini and red bell pepper get the waffle iron treatment. —Daniel Shumski
medium zucchini, (about 1 pound), cut into 1?2-inch-thick chunks
large red bell pepper, about 1?2 pound), stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1?4-inch-wide strips
tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat your waffle iron on medium.
- Toss the zucchini and the pepper with the olive oil and salt in a large bowl.
- Place as many vegetables as will fit on the waffle iron, close the lid, and cook until the zucchini has softened but is not mushy, 4 minutes.
- Use silicone-tipped tongs to remove the vegetables, and place them on a serving plate.
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 with any remaining vegetables.