- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 Chinese cabbage (wombok), finely shredded (a mandolin is ideal)
- 1 carrot, finely shredded
- 1 cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 cups bean sprouts, picked
- 100g fried egg noodles
- Step 1Combine chilli, rice wine vinegar and sugar in a saucepan with 1 tablespoon salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Increase heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes to slightly reduce. Set aside to cool completely.
- Step 2Toss all the remaining ingredients together, then add the chilli dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- High carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Valli Little, Food director – delicious.
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Taste.com.au