- 2 x 100g packets bean thread vermicelli (glass noodles)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil or peanut oil
- 400g green prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
- 200g yellow butter beans, trimmed, cut into thirds
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, very thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds (see note)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, torn
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, torn
- Step 1Place the noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. Add the prawns and cook for about 2 minutes on either side until cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Step 3Cook beans in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes until just tender. Drain, then refresh in cold water.
- Step 4Combine the sugar, lime juice, fish sauce and vinegar in a large bowl, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add the noodles, prawns, beans and remaining ingredients to the bowl with the dressing. Toss to combine, then divide among bowls and serve immediately.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Available from Asian food shops.
- Author: Olivia Andrews
- Image credit: Mark Roper
- Publication: Taste.com.au