- 300g leftover roast pork (with crackling) (see related recipe)
- 200g dried vermicelli noodles
- 500g pineapple, peeled, cored, cut into batons
- 1 medium Lebanese cucumber, cut into batons
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Step 1Remove crackling from pork. Cut meat into batons. Preheat oven to 250C/230C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with foil. Place crackling on tray. Roast for 10 minutes or until reheated and crisp. Place on a plate lined with paper towel. Using kitchen scissors, roughly cut crackling into pieces.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain. Rinse. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Step 3Add pork, pineapple, cucumber, coriander, mint, green onion and red onion to noodles. Place lemon juice, fish sauce and sugar in a small bowl. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Drizzle lemon juice mixture over noodle mixture. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with crackling. Serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Lucy Nunes
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas