- 100g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (see note)
- 1 large carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves
Chilli garlic Vietnamese dressing
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 red bird's eye chillies
- Step 1Place noodles in a large, heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until softened. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain. Return to bowl.
- Step 2Meanwhile, combine the dressing ingredients in a jug.
- Step 3Add chicken, carrot, mint and dressing to the noodles. Toss to combine. Divide mixture between lettuce leaves. Serve.
Note 1: You’ll need 1/2 large barbecued chicken.
- Author: Sharon Kennedy
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas