Author Notes: This vegetarian-friendly quiche is as easy as it gets: You throw all the ingredients in a pan, mix them up, and toss it in the oven. The best part? It’s a delicious way to get my kids to eat veggies, and you can store it in the freezer and save it for another day—like during a hectic morning before school.0
Vegetarian QuichePrint Recipe
- 1 frozen pie crust, thawed (pre-made, or use your favorite recipe)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup chopped leeks
- 1 cup spinach
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup organic dairy milk
- 1/2 cup organic plain yogurt
- 2 ounces mixed organic cheese, plus extra for topping (I prefer a combination of Swiss and cheddar)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350º F. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Start by sautéing the onions, about 5 minutes, until they are translucent. Then, add in the broccoli and the leeks, sautéing for another 10 minutes or so. Once softened, toss in the spinach and take the pan off the heat (so the spinach and leeks don’t completely wilt). Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Press the pie crust into a round, 9-inch quiche pan. Then, prepare the filling: In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, yogurt, and cheese. Arrange the sautéed vegetable mixture evenly in the quiche pan, and pour the filling over it. Top with an extra sprinkle of cheese, if you like.
- Bake in the oven until the quiche is set, but slightly jiggly at the very center, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool before serving, at least 15 to 20 minutes.