- 1/2 butternut pumpkin, peeled, chopped into 2cm pieces (to give 300g)
- 1 carrot, sliced 2cm thick
- 1 zucchini, sliced 2cm thick
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons Moroccan seasoning (see note)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (200g) couscous
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) Massel vegetable liquid stock, heated
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch mint, leaves picked
- 1/2 bunch coriander, leaves picked
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds, toasted
- 170g tub tzatziki
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Step 2In a large bowl, toss the pumpkin, carrot and zucchini with the chickpeas, Moroccan seasoning and 2 tablespoons oil. Stir well so the vegetables are evenly coated in the oil and spices, and season. Arrange in a single layer on the baking tray and roast for 20-25 minutes until golden and just tender.
- Step 3Meanwhile, place the couscous in a large heatproof bowl. Pour over the hot stock, cover with plastic wrap and stand for 5 minutes. Fluff the grains with a fork to separate. Whisk together the lemon juice and zest with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil.
- Step 4Stir the dressing into the couscous. Gently toss the roasted vegetables, cherry tomatoes, onion, mint and coriander with the couscous.
- Step 5Spoon the salad onto plates and sprinkle over the toasted almonds. Serve with the tzatziki.
- High fibre
Moroccan seasoning is available from supermarkets and delis.
- Author: Jessica Brook
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Taste.com.au