- 450g sebago potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 250g broccoli, cut into very small florets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 6 sheets frozen reduced-fat shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Masterfoods Tomato Sauce, to serve
- Step 1Cook potato in a saucepan of boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or until just tender, adding broccoli for last 2 minutes. Drain. Return to pan. Using a fork, roughly mash mixture.
- Step 2Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add celery, carrot and zucchini. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until carrot starts to brown.
- Step 3Add potato mixture, peas and curry powder to pan. Stir to combine. Cool.
- Step 4Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Grease 3 baking trays. Using an 11cm cutter, cut 4 rounds from each pastry sheet. Spoon 11/2 tablespoons mixture over centre of 1 pastry round. Brush edge with egg. Fold up sides to enclose filling. Press edges to seal and form frills. Stand on 1 prepared tray. Repeat with remaining mixture, pastry rounds and egg. Brush pasties with egg.
- Step 5Bake, 1 tray at a time, for 20 minutes or until golden. Stand for 5 minutes. Serve with sauce.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas