- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, grated
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Praise whole-egg mayonnaise
- Vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Arrange tomatoes, cut-side up, on tray. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 8 to 10 minutes or until starting to collapse. Set aside.
- Step 2Combine carrot, zucchini, capsicum, corn, onion, parsley and flour in a bowl. Add egg. Stir to combine.
- Step 3Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add 1 heaped tablespoon vegetable mixture. Using a spatula, flatten slightly. Repeat to make 8 fritters. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat with remaining mixture to make 24 fritters. Cool slightly.
- Step 4Place fritters on a plate. Dollop each with 1 teaspoon mayonnaise. Top with tomatoes. Serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Donna Boyle
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas