- 125g gluten-free spaghetti, broken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large (200g) brown onion, grated
- 2 large carrots, peeled, grated
- 2 cups frozen peas, corn and capsicum
- 1/2 cup potato flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 22cm (base) round springform pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- Step 2Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water following packet directions until tender. Drain. Place in a large heatproof bowl. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Step 3Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrot. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add frozen vegetables. Stir.
- Step 4Add vegetable mixture to spaghetti. Add flour, baking powder and eggs. Stir until well combined. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until browned and set. Cool completely in pan. Cut into 12 wedges. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Diabetes friendly
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
To serve: Wrap wedges in plastic wrap or place in small airtight containers. Pack into insulated lunchbags with an ice brick.
- Author: Nadia French
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas