- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes
- 200g butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 5mm-thick wedges
- 2 cups risoni pasta
- 2 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto (see note)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Place zucchini, tomatoes, pumpkin, risoni, stock and wine into a saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring to avoid sticking, or until all liquid has been absorbed.
- Step 2Remove from heat. Stir in peas and pesto. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Spoon mixture into an 8-cup capacity ceramic baking dish. Sprinkle with parmesan. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is golden. Serve immediately.
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
To make your own basil pesto, process 2 cups basil leaves, 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts and 3 garlic cloves in a food processor. With motor running, slowly pour 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil through feed tube. Stir in 100g grated parmesan cheese. Use in our bake, spread on sandwiches, serve with pasta or dollop on patties.
- Author: Kim Meredith
- Image credit: Sue Ferris
- Publication: Super Food Ideas