- 40g butter, chopped
- 4 (100g) veal schnitzels (uncrumbed), halved
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baby capers, drained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Step 1Melt half the butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add veal. Cook, in batches, for 30 seconds each side or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 2Reduce heat to medium-low. Melt remaining butter in pan. Add garlic and capers. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add lemon juice and parsley. Cook, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly. Return veal with any juices to pan. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
To serve: Steamed chat potatoes and green beans.
- Author: Jenny Fanshaw
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas