- 600g pineapple, peeled, cored, coarsely chopped
- 80g (1/2 cup) brown sugar, lightly packed
- 20g chilled unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Double cream or vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Step 1Place pineapple in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook, turning occasionally, for 3 minutes or until slightly browned. Add the sugar and butter. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until syrupy.
- Step 2Divide pineapple and syrup among four 10cm ceramic fluted pie dishes. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Step 3Preheat oven to 180°C. Cut four 13cm discs from the pastry. Place on top of the pineapple, pleating and folding in the edges. Place on a baking tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is golden. Turn onto plates. Serve with cream or ice-cream.
- High fibre
- High protein
- Low sodium
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Alison Adams
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Australian Good Taste