- 2 x 440g pkts udon noodles
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 (about 1kg) single chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into 5cm lengths
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 fresh long red chillies, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 bunch choy sum, ends trimmed, washed, cut into 8cm lengths
- 80ml (1/3 cup) kecap manis
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup fresh Thai basil leaves
- Step 1Prepare the udon noodles following packet directions.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a wok over high heat until just smoking. Add half the chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until brown. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken, reheating the wok between batches.
- Step 3Heat the remaining oil in the wok over high heat. Add the broccolini, garlic, chilli and ginger and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until the broccolini is bright green and tender crisp.
- Step 4Return chicken to the wok with the noodles, choy sum, kecap manis and water and bring to the boil. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until the choy sum just wilts.
- Step 5Divide the stir-fry among serving bowls and top with Thai basil leaves. Serve immediately.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Michelle Southan
- Image credit: Chris Court
- Publication: Australian Good Taste