- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 x 410g cans diced tomato and paste (with capsicum)
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 4 rounds pita bread
- 1/2 cup roast garlic tzatziki
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add paprika. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add tomato and 3/4 cup cold water. Season. Bring to a simmer.
- Step 2Wrap pita bread in foil and place in oven. Cook for 5 minutes or until warm. Make 4 holes in tomato mixture. Crack 1 egg into each hole. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Step 3Serve with tzatziki and pita.
- Low kilojoule
Give this dish a Spanish twist by adding sliced chorizo or a can of kidney beans in step 1.
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Craig Wall
- Publication: Super Food Ideas