- 800g desiree potatoes, peeled, quartered
- 3/4 cup warm milk
- 1/3 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (130g each) Inghams turkey breast steaks
- 400g frozen whole green beans
- Step 1Place potato in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Cook for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return to pan over low heat. Cook for 30 seconds or until dry. Using a masher, coarsely mash. Add milk. Mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Meanwhile, combine stock and cranberry sauce in a jug. Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook turkey for 5 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Set aside.
- Step 3Reduce heat to medium. Add stock mixture to pan. Cook for 3 minutes or until sauce has simmered and thickened.
- Step 4Meanwhile, cook beans according to packet directions. Serve turkey with mash, beans and cranberry glaze.
- Diabetes friendly
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Lucy Nunes
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Super Food Ideas