- 1/4 cup (15g) shredded coconut
- 300g roast turkey, shredded
- 1kg white cabbage (about 1/2 regular cabbage or 1 mini cabbage), very finely shredded
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 8 kaffir lime leaves, very finely shredded
Chilli jam dressing
- 1/4 cup (60ml) peanut oil
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried chilli flakes
- 1/3 cup (80ml) fish sauce
- 75g palm sugar, grated, or brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lime juice
- Step 1Preheat oven to 150°C. For dressing, heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden. Add chilli flakes and cook for 1 minute, then add fish sauce and palm sugar and stir to dissolve. Remove from heat. Allow to cool. Stir in lime juice.
- Step 2Place coconut on an oven tray and toast for 5 minutes or until golden. Combine turkey, cabbage, herbs, toasted coconut and lime leaves in a large bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Step 3Add dressing to salad and gently toss to combine. Serve.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
Cook’s tip: If you prefer, you could replace the turkey in the turkey salad recipe with shredded chicken breast or whole prawns.Try using the chilli jam dressing on other salads to give them a touch of Thai flavour.
- Author: Lisa Featherby
- Image credit: Andrew Lehmann
- Publication: Notebook: