- 300g dried wholemeal penne pasta
- 200g green beans, trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths
- 1/2 cup no-added-fat semi-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced (see note)
- 150g sliced smoked turkey, chopped
- Small fresh basil leaves, to serve
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Step 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, lightly salted water, following packet directions, until tender, adding beans for last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Step 2Meanwhile, make pesto Combine ricotta, basil, chives, lemon rind, garlic and lemon juice in a bowl. Stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons hot water until mixture is slightly thinner, adding more water if necessary.
- Step 3Add ricotta pesto to pasta and beans. Add tomato and turkey. Toss to combine. Season with pepper. Serve with basil.
No-added-fat semi-dried tomatoes are available from most supermarket delis.
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Super Food Ideas