- 350g turkey breast steaks, thinly sliced
- 1 stem lemongrass, pale section only, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 350g pkt shelf-fresh Singapore noodles
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into florets, stems sliced diagonally
- 4 shallots, trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
- 100g snow peas, trimmed, halved diagonally
- 2 tablespoons kecap manis
- 80g (1/2 cup) unsalted roasted cashews
- Step 1Combine the turkey, lemongrass, fish sauce and ginger in a bowl. Cover and place in the fridge for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Step 2Meanwhile, prepare the noodles following packet directions.
- Step 3Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a wok over high heat. Stir-fry half the turkey for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with 2 teaspoons of oil and remaining turkey. Heat remaining oil in wok. Stir-fry carrot and broccolini stems for 1-2 minutes. Add broccolini florets and shallot. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add turkey mixture, noodles, snow peas and kecap manis. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are tender crisp and the mixture is heated through. Divide among serving bowls. Top with cashews.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sonja Bernyk
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Australian Good Taste