- 1 quantity Basic tomato sauce (see related recipe)
- 1 small carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 400g turkey mince
- 375g penne rigate
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat pizza cheese
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Step 1Make Basic tomato sauce, adding carrot, celery and mince with onion in step 1. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned. Continue from step 2.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Add sauce. Toss to combine.
- Step 3Preheat grill on high. Spoon pasta mixture into six 1 1/2 cup-capacity ovenproof dishes. Sprinkle with cheese. Grill for 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve with crusty bread.
- Low fat
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas