- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 600g turkey breast, cut into 3cm pieces
- 4 shortcut bacon rashers, chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons plain flour
- 310ml (1 1⁄4 cups) Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- 50g (1/3 cup) self-raising flour
- 50g (1/4 cup) instant polenta
- 20g butter, chilled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons continental parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 300g can corn kernels, drained
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Heat oil in non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Season turkey. Cook in 2 batches, turning, for 2 minutes or until golden. Place in bowl.
- Step 2Reduce heat to medium-low. Add bacon, onion, celery and carrot to pan. Cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until soft. Return turkey to pan. Stir in flour for 1 minute or until coated. Gradually add stock, stirring constantly, until combined. Bring just to boil. Remove from heat. Cool for 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream. Divide among four 250ml (1 cup) ovenproof ramekins.
- Step 3For the topping, combine flour and polenta in a bowl. Rub butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in cheese and parsley. Season. Make a well in centre. Whisk water and sour cream together in a bowl. Add to well. Mix until just combined. Stir in corn.
- Step 4Dollop corn mixture over pies. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until turkey is cooked through and topping is puffed and light golden.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Lower gi
For an extra speedy dinner, make the flling for these pies to the end of Step 2. Divide among the ramekins, cover with a layer of plastic and a layer of foil, and store in the freezer for up to 2 months. Defrost overnight in the fridge and continue from Step 3.
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons & Brett Stevens
- Publication: Taste Magazine