- 1 large eggplant, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon
- 375g linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large (600g) ripe roma tomatoes, chopped
- 425g can tuna in oil, drained
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Step 1Heat a greased barbecue plate or chargrill on medium-high heat. Cook eggplant, turning, for 5 minutes or until charred and tender. When cool enough to handle, cut into thin strips. Finely grate rind from lemon. Segment lemon, discarding membrane.
- Step 2Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain.
- Step 3Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add tomato and tuna. Cook for 5 minutes or until tomatoes start to soften. Add eggplant and pasta. Toss gently for 2 minutes or until combined and heated through. Add lemon rind, lemon segments and parsley. Serve pasta immediately.
Prepare in advance: Cook eggplant. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container (drizzled with olive oil). Refrigerate for up to 4 days. Drain well before using.
- Author: Liz Macri & Emma Braz
- Image credit: Al Richardson & Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas