- 400g fusilli pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small red onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup baby capers, drained
- 2 x 250g punnets cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 425g can tuna in oil, drained, broken into large chunks
- Step 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until tender.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, capers, tomatoes and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 6 to 7 minutes or until onion and tomatoes are soft.
- Step 3Drain pasta, reserving 2 tablespoons of cooking water. Return pasta and cooking water to pan. Add tomato mixture, pesto and tuna. Season with salt and pepper. Stir over low heat until well combined. Serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Alison Roberts
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas