- 3/4 cup white long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 medium red capsicum, finely chopped
- 425g can tuna in springwater, drained, flaked
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup pure cream
- 2/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 22cm (base) round cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper. Cook rice following packet directions.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion has softened. Add celery and capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Remove from heat. Stir in tuna, basil and rice. Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Step 3Whisk eggs, cream and parmesan in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over rice mixture. Tap pan on bench to remove air bubbles. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until browned and cooked through. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a plate. Cut into wedges. Serve with salad leaves.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Storage tip: Transfer cooled bake to an airtight container. Refrigerate for up to three days.
To serve: Serve hot or cold. To reheat, place whole bake on a baking tray. Cover loosely with foil. Preheat oven to 180°C/160° fanforced. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Alternatively, microwave individual portions, covered with paper towel, on HIGH (100%) for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas