- 250g dried macaroni pasta
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 1/2 cups reduced-fat milk
- 425g can tuna in springwater, drained, flaked
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cups grated low-fat cheddar cheese
- Steamed vegetables, to serve
- Step 1Preheat grill on high. Grease a 5cm deep, 18cm square (base), baking dish. Cook macaroni in a saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Return to pan.
- Step 2Meanwhile, melt margarine in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and garlic. Stir until mixture thickens and bubbles. Remove from heat. Gradually whisk in milk. Return to heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Step 3Add tuna, peas and 1 cup cheese. Stir until cheese melts. Stir in pasta. Spoon mixture into prepared dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese browns and melts. Serve.
- Low carb
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Emma Braz
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas