- 1 1/4 cups Ainsley couscous
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 150g grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 425g can tuna in oil, drained, flaked
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Step 1Place couscous in a large, heatproof bowl. Combine boiling water and 2 teaspoons oil in a jug. Pour over couscous. Stir with a fork. Cover and stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir gently with a fork to separate grains. Set aside to cool.
- Step 2Place sugar snap peas in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and stand or 3 minutes. Drain. Refresh in cold water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Step 3Add sugar snap peas, onion, tomatoes, olives, tuna and parsley to couscous. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Step 4Whisk remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 1/3 cup lemon juice in a bowl until well combined. Pour dressing over tuna salad. Toss to combine. Spoon salad into bowls and serve.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Jenny Fanshaw
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas